Having just finished creating my goals for the next three months, one of the most exciting ones is to launch an online course.
Who is the course for?
The course is for people who want to set up a website on their own.
More specifically, these people will:
Have an existing business that needs a website. Budget is low however so they cannot hire a developer.
Have a business idea and want to take the next step with it by creating a website
Have no idea or business yet. Regardless, they want to learn the skill of setting up a website for future ideas and also because it’s a pretty cool thing to do.
The common underlying trait between all of these people is that they recognise that a website is an almost essential piece of any business these days.
Why create such a course? There are already lots of resources and tools out there to do so.
Despite all of the existing resources out there (web builders, free videos on YouTube, paid alternatives etc.), there is at least one person per week who calls me for help.
My course on how to build your own website will address the issues that these people face, making the process easier and more enjoyable by:
Making decisions for you
Because there are so many options out there, it’s easy to get lost in an ocean of choices.
These decisions are all made for you and have been tested countless times before.
Inevitably, you may get stuck on something along the way.
Rather than become demotivated and quit, you’ll have unlimited support through garymelican.com until you get set up 🙂
Valuing your time
You’re busy with your life.
This course is designed to be as high value as possible for your time. No waffle, no unnecessary theory – just the steps you need to take to get your website set up and live.
What types of websites will you be able to create using the course?
The types of websites that I’ll bring you through:
– simple brochure website (imagery and text to get a message across)
– blogs (fashion, travel, tech etc.)
– eCommerce sites
– aggregator websites
– marketplace websites
– booking websites (for personal trainers, fitness instructors, consultants, Make Up Artists etc.)
– online course websites (lol)
When is it available?
My goals are set to the following:
– need confirmation of interest in the course from at least 10 people by June 30, 2020.
– as soon as 10 people confirm their interest in the course, I will begin building the course and complete it by August 31st.
– It will go live on September 1st, 2020 and whoever confirmed their interest will be issued 100% off discount coupons for life 🙂
How much will it cost?
I don’t fully know yet but here’s what I’m thinking.
For the first 10 people who confirm their interest below, the course will be free. I’ll provide them with a 100% discount coupon on launch day.
After that, the course will most likely cost about €30/month in its first iteration and you can unsubscribe whenever you like. Ideally this will be when your website is live and you no longer feel the need to learn from me. Some people will only need one month to complete their site, others may need three of four to perfect things!
– hosting for your website will cost €3.95/month from Siteground.
– the WordPress theme that we will be using costs €55. This is a one-time payment and you’ll own the license to this theme forever.
Confirm your interest
If this sounds like something of interest to you, please confirm your interest here.